jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does the Car Christine Kill People?

1. phoenixarizona profile image69
    phoenixarizonaposted 7 years ago

Why does the Car Christine Kill People?

Does anyone know why the car Christine in the novel Christine by Steven King kills people. I personally think that the novel would be that much better if I understod why.

2. waynet profile image72
    waynetposted 7 years ago

It's like real life I think, the car just might not like certain people or not be a best fit for a relationship. In the movie Arty became obssessed with refurbishing the car and so the car seemed to like him for a bit until it got jealous of his new girlfriend.

The car wants the car owners all to themselves and if they have a smelly butt, then it's off with their heads or they aren't really into the car that much, then they get killed. I often see Christine as a jealouis nagging housewife that you wouldn't want to mess with if you'd rather watch a football game!

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Because it's in the story.

4. Tirzah Laughs profile image82
    Tirzah Laughsposted 7 years ago

It's like the old man who sells him Christine says,  "no one gets between the guy and Christine."   Paraphrasing.

Christine is like a jealous girlfriend.  She requires his full attention, all his love, all his money.  He can't have friends, a girlfriend...ecetera.

For his absolute devotion, he gets protection from bullies and self-confidence.

Like crossing a deal with the devil with a psychotic love story.

Christine tries to kill the girl because she's competition.
    She kills the bully because in her own twisted way, she loves her man.

5. Jarn profile image81
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Christine was nothing more than the story of an overly clingy girlfriend killing off anyone who bugged her man or got in the way... if the girlfriend happened to be a car. Typical obsession story with a twist because it was an inanimate object.