jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I'd love to hear from anyone who regularly submits to eHow.com.

1. lovesleftovers profile image73
    lovesleftoversposted 6 years ago

I'd love to hear from anyone who regularly submits to eHow.com.

I was just approved to write for eHow.com and am completely baffled by some of the assignment topics writers have to choose from. It's a bit difficult to write about "How to Test a P10 Dressage" and "Problems Mixing Opulence Glazes" when I have no idea what the heck these are. And these topics were under "crafts" in the "hobbies" section. I see no option to suggest a topic or simply submit an article of my own choice. I'd love get some advice from other writers who submit to eHow. Thanks!

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

eHow doesn't allow you to write on subjects of choice.  To get paid by them you have to write on their specific topics (often extremely specific and somewhat obscure) and it requires research and quite a bit of time.  I was approved, but didn't like the assignments that were available so I chose to focus on writing I do enjoy.

3. lovesleftovers profile image73
    lovesleftoversposted 6 years ago

Thanks Christin! I'm finding that the topics are so off the wall it's taking far too long to even research all the wacky topics, let alone come up with an article for them. I'm pretty sure eHow will be put on the back burner for me as well. It's not worth all the effort for a flat rate of $15 and absolutely no shared revenue. P-U to eHow I say smile

4. Jason Oleinik profile image71
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

As Christin said, websites like eHow give you very specific and often technical topics to write about, simply because that's the only ones left. I got accepted to write for DemandStudios (which writes for ehow) and was excited, but I found out the same thing as you - the articles are all incredibly specific and technical and I couldn't find anything that I was knowledgeable about or interested in.

5. Mark Applegate profile image70
    Mark Applegateposted 6 years ago

I make a full-time living at eHow.  It is excellent. If it has a short-coming, it is when titles get thin... You pick your titles from a list and the list gets small occasionally.  In general, I highly recommend eHow.   I am new to Hub Pages, but so far I like it!

working