jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why is it that I cannot seem to spell...

1. bellawritter23 profile image75
    bellawritter23posted 6 years ago

Why is it that I cannot seem to spell...

The more I use spell check in microsoft the less I know how to spell in everyday writing. I write something then I second guess if the spelling is correct. Does that happen to anyone else?

2. profile image0
    marellenposted 6 years ago

Bella, your not alone. It happens to me all the time. I always though I was a good speller but these days I'm never sure....

3. Richard Craig profile image77
    Richard Craigposted 6 years ago

Sometimes if I don't use a word for a while I forget how to spell it.  I think blog and text language doesn't help either.  Other times I spell words right, but somehow it looks wrong.  What's up with that? lol

4. leroy64 profile image82
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

Yes.  It drives me crazy.  I always mispell the same words over and over.  Do you think there is a connection to spell check?

5. profile image0
    u01dtj6posted 6 years ago

Yes. It happens to me all the time. I don’t think text language helps because I tend to spell words how I would pronounce them in text language, or shorten words etc. So when I’m writing a hub, I tend to look at words and think “Is that how you spell it?”.

6. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

all the time. i don't really care if my spelling is perfect but i see what your saying about second guessing when you spell a word.

7. Sneha Sunny profile image83
    Sneha Sunnyposted 6 years ago

You are not the odd one bella. This happens to me every time when I write something to publish. In fact I sometimes get confused when I write the spellings in capital letters. I doubt my spellings every time.