jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many books did you read until now?How many are you going to read?

1. Iulian M profile image61
    Iulian Mposted 6 years ago

How many books did you read until now?How many are you going to read?

2. Career-Guide profile image59
    Career-Guideposted 6 years ago

I love reading and its not going to end till the end of my life- I love them because

A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face.  It is one of the few havens remaining where a man's mind can get both provocation and privacy

3. dallas93444 profile image77
    dallas93444posted 6 years ago

I have read thousands. I used to read a book-a-day. I enjoy reading. The number of books I will read in the future is unkown. It is like me predicting when I die!

I enjoy the process of reading. I mostly read non-fiction. However, I just completed a sci-fi book, "Eyes Wide Shut: An Enigma - Hide in Plain Sight." The website is: www.eyeswideshutanenigma.com

Books are what we want them to be. They can be an escape, entertainment, and/or a learning tool. We get to decide.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image76
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I've read hundreds of books ranging over various genres. I used to cruise my library and if a title sounded appealing, I'd check out the book. Whether or not I read it usually depended on if I was interested in the topic at a later date. Just because something sounds interesting doesn't mean it will meet the expectations its set up for you.

I plan to read for the rest of my life. I'd like to have my own library one day, in my house of course, so I could just reread books I've enjoyed over the years.

5. sam3m profile image59
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

i am now almost 70.  in my youth all i read were comic books given to me by my father. at age 11, he stopped the comic books and gave me a set of john sreinbeck's books and i've read an average of 1 1/2 books per week since then.  i love books and will often have two or three going at the same time.

6. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 6 years ago

Countless books.

I have read several books and novels in Urdu.  In fact, I even published a book in Urdu as a Student.

I love books.  But now for health reasons, I can't sit for a long time reading.

working