jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Which genre of literature are you most generally drawn to? What kinds of books d

1. capricornrising profile image60
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

Which genre of literature are you most generally drawn to? What kinds of books do you usually read?

2. pedrn44 profile image93
    pedrn44posted 6 years ago

I love Stephen King and have read and collected all his books. The Twilight Series was also something I read feverishly until I finished all 4 novels. I also love to read about personal development. Jim Rohn was the best!

3. Danette Watt profile image85
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

I used to read Stephen King up until I finished "It" After that I didn't get into his books any more. Years ago I read many bestsellers  - James Michener, James Clavell, Irving Wallace. Currently I'm into thrillers such as David Baldacci and others of that type. I've never gotten into romance or scifi but a few mysteries. Right now, I'm reading Book 2 in a series by Suzanne Collins, that started with Hunger Games. I HIGHLY recommend it, it's a real page turner.

4. jjackson786 profile image94
    jjackson786posted 6 years ago

I love historical fiction. Some of my favorite "characters" have been Henry VIII and Cleopatra!

5. Ramsa1 profile image60
    Ramsa1posted 6 years ago

Motivational books, books that can help me improve my life, and be a better person and human being.

6. samanthamayer profile image70
    samanthamayerposted 6 years ago

Just classics in general. I love the ideas and thinking they provoke. There is a reason classics have stood the test of time - they're fantastic! Perhaps one of my favorites is Pride and Prejudice. I even bought a copy in Spanish. It never fails to entertain.

7. genupher profile image58
    genupherposted 6 years ago

I have to admit, I am a sucker for happy endings ... I love laughter, quirkiness and a good story where love conquers all. Romance novels have become my favorite genre (quite the turnover from my youth which was strictly horror); I am particularly fond of paranormal and urban fantasy. A few of my go to authors are JR Ward, Nalini Singh, Maya Bank, and Larissa Ione.

8. emichael profile image79
    emichaelposted 6 years ago

I tend to be drawn to stories that take me out of the world as I know it, whether it's sci-fi or just a good adventure story. I also am drawn to coming of age and father/son relationships. The Road, I Am the Cheese, and Ender's Game are good examples.

9. Aley Martin profile image76
    Aley Martinposted 6 years ago

British literature" classics. Maugham, Dickens, DH Lawrence and naturalism.

working