jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

You were an editor at one time, what are your thoughts on this? Hubbers would

1. anndavis25 profile image78
    anndavis25posted 6 years ago

You were an editor at one time,  what are your thoughts on this? 
    Hubbers would love this......

Hubpages should offer to put their 'hubbers' best work in a book form.  It would be a great seller.  We would need multiple copies for family and friends.  Wonder if that would be a possibility?

2. Storytellersrus profile image78
    Storytellersrusposted 6 years ago

Certainly vanity presses have made money on this for years.  I get poetry book solicitations all the time and sometimes if I have money, I succumb.  I think it would be fun to own, even if nothing I wrote was contained within its covers.  I love reading my favorite hubber's work.  Put me down for one copy minimum!!!

3. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 6 years ago

I find it a full-time job editing my own work, never mind anyone else's! Still, there are times I could chop great chunks out of others'work without changing the 'message'. I've stopped reading travel and history features in the papers for the trash I've read on my own subject matter by so-called experts (I've got them on video as well, worse luck, along with others who have undertaken better-research talking about the same material). While I'm writing Hub-pages I'm checking up on myself on the Internet or in the books I have on my shelves to make sure I'm not '.talking out of the top of my head'.
    You can generally tell who's really trying and who's 'really trying'! I lose patience with myself when I realise I've been writing 'tosh' - tell myself to go back and do it again.

4. brianlokker profile image98
    brianlokkerposted 6 years ago

If you're suggesting books for individual hubbers, I think it's an interesting idea, at least for those writers who have published a substantial body of work. In my own case, since I feel like I'm just getting started and have only a handful of hubs to my name, I'd have a long way to go before it could be considered.

If HubPages were to publish books with work from multiple authors, I think it would be very difficult to select and edit the hubs that would be included, and might result in some hard feelings for those left out.