jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What was the first chapter book you ever read?

1. KrystalD profile image79
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

What was the first chapter book you ever read?

Becoming a new reader is exciting to children! For most of us, our first chapter book was a BIG deal because it signified we really were READERS. What was your first chapter book? Or what was you son or daughters first chapter book?

2. ArtzGirl profile image79
    ArtzGirlposted 6 years ago

Probably my Nancy Drew books!  Loved those!

3. lawdoctorlee profile image87
    lawdoctorleeposted 6 years ago

Little House on the Prarie series....then the Wizard of Oz series, Nancy Drew, Are you there God? It's Me Margaret

4. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I think it would have to be Nancy Drew, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, The Famous Five, and Pippi Longstocking (they were my on my first book list for reading for school).

5. SakuraMillie profile image59
    SakuraMillieposted 6 years ago

Clue Jr. series!! I loved reading those books in elementary school!! One of the best mystery series for kids and they are not gender specific since its a group of kids as the main characters.

6. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

There was a series called Cherry Ames about a nurse which was quite a good tale. Don't see them anymore but it was similar to Nancy Drew.  I read every book in the series.  Once, I think I even dreamed I was Cherry Ames!

7. annabelle13K profile image57
    annabelle13Kposted 6 years ago

Probably Charlotte's Web, or The Little House on the Prairie books. Love those!

8. SherryDigital profile image61
    SherryDigitalposted 6 years ago

Ohh. Nancy Drew! I haven't thought of Nancy Drew in years! That may have not been the first series though. I was always reading as a small child. It is hard to place my finger on the first. I do remember being very moved by The Hobbit when I was little. I also crying my eyes out while reading the end of Where The Red Fern Grows.

I also read a lot of Animorphs and Goosebumps. Ahh.. the good ol' days.

9. profile image0
    Dr Shehaposted 6 years ago

It is a difficult question to answer. I started to read when I was so young. I am really don't remember the names of my first books. But, probably a book about religion.

10. ntmarketing profile image59
    ntmarketingposted 6 years ago

Gosh this is a while ago, i would say one of the Goosebumps series was the first chapter book that i read on my own.  I really enjoyed the ones where you chose the path that you would take.  So the book had multiple endings.

working