jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Hi! Im new to the community, in need of some inspiration to get my writers flow

1. DoubleD1387 profile image60
    DoubleD1387posted 6 years ago

Hi! Im new to the community, in need of some inspiration to get my writers flow going any ideas?

2. jimmythejock profile image87
    jimmythejockposted 6 years ago

You are in the right place, check out the answers section for writing ideas and good luck.....jimmy

3. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Try reading other Hubs.  I get some good ideas from reading other Hubs.  Not that I copy them.  I just get ideas from reading other Hubs and finding out what people like to read about. 

Another source is just things you like to write about, your interests, no matter how popular or not they are.  You may be surprised which Hubs become popular and which ones don't.  Good Luck!

4. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I agree with both answers...check out the answers section and look at other people's hubs...and write from your heart! This community is amazing and your flow will be going before you know it!! Good luck!!

5. nifty@50 profile image73
    nifty@50posted 6 years ago

Check out the different hub categories and find one that really interests you or one that you think you have expertise in. Then check out some of the hubs with the highest scores to get an idea of what goes into writing a good hub, about how long it should be & how many pictures you should have and don't neglect to add a few "you tube" clips. Good luck!

6. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image70
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 6 years ago

First of all you need to go through the various hubs so that could know all if and but and try to comment the hubs you visit.

7. Dee42 profile image77
    Dee42posted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, I get my inspiration from my life and trials and drama that I go through everyday. Just be yourself.

8. DoubleD1387 profile image60
    DoubleD1387posted 6 years ago

Thanks for the feed back! Much appreciated!

9. Eugene Hardy profile image59
    Eugene Hardyposted 6 years ago

I think it really does depend on the individual.

For myself, I need a place where I'm not disturbed, quiet and comfortable.  Or you can adapt to your surroundings.  Coffee shops are my favorite, because you can socialize if you want, or stay to your self. 

The main thing though is to in state that allows your imagination to run and be free.

10. Rosie writes profile image83
    Rosie writesposted 6 years ago

Pick a topic you are interested in; one that you already know a lot about or want to learn more about.

11. Nare Anthony profile image69
    Nare Anthonyposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! I am new too. The answer section has a lot of good ideas that can inspire you and also if you answer by hub, you might have a chance to win a contest smile Read about it in the contest section smile

12. profile image71
    ElleBeeposted 6 years ago

I am not new to the community, but new to actually writing hubs regularly, so I've been in a bit of the same boat. I think the suggestions about looking through the answers section or at other peoples Hubs are a great suggestion.  I would say start with what you know or what interests you.  Use your current job, living arrangement, family situation etc. as a launching point for ideas.  One thing that helped me was taking the time to brainstorm.  On a sheet of paper, I first came up with broad topics I felt I could write about (In my case - Education, Frugality/Personal Finance, and Religion & Spirituality), then off of that I came up with as many ideas as I could for potential hubs.  For example, out of my education category I came up with "College" and then I realized I could potentially write about college admissions, tips for succeeding in college, suggestions on where to find financial aid etc.  I wrote down all the ideas I came up with, even ones I wasn't sure would make a great hub.  Now, when I want something to write, I go back to that list to get started.

13. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

I pay attention to what I do myself during the day and then think if anyone else might need to know how to do it. I have a real problem myself though finding article ideas that millions of people haven't  written about already.

working