jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I just need some writing advice... What did you do to regain your enthusiasm in

1. Fantasy Hi-D profile image60
    Fantasy Hi-Dposted 5 years ago

I just need some writing advice... What did you do to regain your enthusiasm in writing articles?

2. BrokenDreamer profile image61
    BrokenDreamerposted 5 years ago

Personally...

I changed what I was writing about. I mean, on here I write mostly spiritual stuff, but I found (recently) that I don't know that much about spirituality...

I have begun to write about the world I created when I was a child and have been "perfecting" ever since.

Though, I have found a bit of inspiration by reading other people's hubs, magazine articles, books, having conversations, looking at nature, etc...

Perhaps, what you need is a twist on an old subject. You could look at the other side of one of your hubs and write a hub about the opposite of the subject...

I hope this helps.

3. D22314 profile image77
    D22314posted 5 years ago

Honestly, I motivate myself by checking how many views and how much money I've made each day. Whenever I get some spare time, I'll answer questions and start writing articles. I try my best to be super productive and always on the ball, but it takes a lot of motivation and focus. I would encourage you to set goals that you know you can reach, and then slowly and steadily focus on achieving them within a certain time frame if you find yourself lacking enthusiasm for your writing.

4. FlowOfThought profile image61
    FlowOfThoughtposted 5 years ago

I recently had this problem, so when I can't think of anything to write about I read through the question section, I almost always find something that sparks my interest enough to write a decent hub.

5. NatalieSack profile image60
    NatalieSackposted 5 years ago

Play helps me.  Mindless creative pursuits like coloring in a coloring book and reading children's picture books at the local library remind my writer self that creating doesn't have to be work.  A half an hour spent on this once a week has worked wonders for stoking my passion for writing.

working