jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you use a bookmark when reading or just fold the page you're on?

1. inaniLoquence profile image70
    inaniLoquenceposted 6 years ago

Do you use a bookmark when reading or just fold the page you're on?

I made this bookmark project this morn since I had menstrual cramps and a whole lot of precious time (and published a hub about it). I was just curious: do any of you use bookmarks when reading or do you just fold the pages to save time?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6381671_f260.jpg

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

It depends on whether or not the book is worthy of a bookmark! If it's really good and I don't want to crease it because it looks pretty I'll find a bookmark. Most of the time, I'm too lazy to get up and go find a bookmark. 9 times out of 10 when I do get up, I'll have to take the bookmark from a book it's already in and I end up dog-earing the place the bookmark was keeping!

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i use a bookmark my son made me when he was 8 years old. it has his picture on it and it says "never forget to say i love you" on it. he's 21 now and i cherish that bookmark.

4. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

I like bookmarks, especially those with inspirational sayings, and I use them all the time.  Obviously they make it easier to find where I left off, and sometimes I read more than one book (not together).

5. creativebutterfly profile image60
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

Always use a book mark, I really cherish my books and don't have the heart to deface them

6. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

truthfully, if the book belongs to me, i fold the pages back....if they are someone else's books (i swap a lot with family and friends), I use a bookmark of sorts...a scrap of paper or a piece of ribbon.

7. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I used to fold the pages but now I use a bookmark. I find it is a better treatment of books in general. Also, I have received some really nice bookmarks that I enjoy using.

8. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'm a bookmark person.  I'm not above a scrap of paper if that's all I have, but I like nice bookmarks.  If I don't have anything to use a bookmark I'd rather scan through until I see what looks new than fold down a page corner.

working