jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Quotes from Wikipedia

1. Dina Blaszczak profile image90
    Dina Blaszczakposted 6 years ago

Quotes from Wikipedia

I'm wondering whether it's allowed on HubPages to take information form Wikipedia and put in a hub as a little quote?

2. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 6 years ago

Hi, I normally use famous people's quotes in most of my hubs. If it's only a small percentage of your entire article then that's fine.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

Because of serious errors, lack of robust fact checking, and the cut-and-paste nature of many Wikipedia articles,  I never use Wikipedia except reference lists at the end of the articles; and then I do my own research with them. Even some of the public domain images on Wikipedia have turned out to be copyrighted, as I found out when an owner of such an image contacted me when I used it.

Many school teachers and most college professors do not accept anything taken from Wikipedia, because of the error percentage. If I see Wikipedia material used or referenced on a Hub or another article, I cannot trust the writing as accurate.

If you see something on Wikipedia you like, search for it on another source and use that source, if it appears to be a respected, well-known source - e.g., a college, a newspaper you can quote, a historical society, etc.

4. Made profile image60
    Madeposted 6 years ago

I try not to use anything from Wikipedia, but sometimes I have in case I haven't found information somewhere else.

working