jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite band to write to?

1. D22314 profile image78
    D22314posted 5 years ago

What is your favorite band to write to?

If I'm writing creatively, I love Rise Against, Breaking Benjamin (Acoustic) or any of the poppy songs that are played on the radio. For articles, it really doesn't matter, but I tend to stick to really light stuff such as maroon 5 or something of the like. If I really need to concentrate, I'll listen to instreumental stuff, or I won't listen to music at all.

2. jessramblings profile image72
    jessramblingsposted 5 years ago

For me, it depends on the mood of the scene. Especially if I'm working on a book, but writing articles for Hubpages and such, anything can be playing. But for my actual books, I create playlists, though I'll also stick to mellow rock and/or instrumental.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

For HubPages, Pantera, Death, Black Label Society or some other metal. It's fast with a driving beat that makes me type faster. For fiction, I pick something that fits the mood of what I'm working on at the time.

4. Musashi2 profile image60
    Musashi2posted 5 years ago

I'll either put on oldies or The Postal Service on Pandora, so pretty much anything light, catchy, and entirely too distracting big_smile

5. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

The main two that I listen to when writing are The Beatles, and R.E.M.

6. ytsenoh profile image87
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

I don't listen to music when I'm writing generally; however, if I wanted "writing" music, I would choose Vivaldi's Four Seasons.  The Beatles really is a good choice too.