jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you do when you can't think of anything to write about?

1. EmerKelly profile image88
    EmerKellyposted 5 years ago

What do you do when you can't think of anything to write about?

Where do you get inspiration?

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Look out of the window and write what you see.  Look through a - 'What happened This Day', then research it, you'll soon start writing.

3. chuckd7138 profile image82
    chuckd7138posted 5 years ago

I read, and it can be anything. Whether it's poetry, a reference book, Twitter or the newspaper. It really doesn't matter. When I read, I get ideas to write. Unfortunately, sometimes, I'll have an idea, but I won't be motivated enough to get it out.

4. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

I downloaded the book "Walden" by Thoreau (at Librivox) and have it on my MP3. I walk on the beach and listen to the words of that great man describing his life by the pond. That is enough to motivate me to strive. I may never reach his level but at least I can try.

5. CrisSp profile image83
    CrisSpposted 5 years ago

What do I do when I can't think of anything to write about? I do my laundry. *Kidding* Creativity is unlimited! I get my inspirations from my "sky is the limit adventure" and if at times, I get blank, I read over a cup of coffee and more often than not Kaboom! Some ideas are then popping out of my head or simply walk around the block. I try to capture the beauty of my surroundings and perhaps write about it. Daily journal-it helps. I'd dig my journal from time to time and excerpt some stuff from what I've experienced and have written before. Often the idea is there, it's the motivation to write that is hard to get by.

6. cloudy_cool profile image76
    cloudy_coolposted 5 years ago

I start asking questions...on HP

Often the answers inspire me to write on a new topic...

7. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I browse through a magazine, read a book, or even go through the news. Anything can cause interest or imagination.

8. Jeff Gamble profile image73
    Jeff Gambleposted 5 years ago

Sometimes, I will go out with my camera and take pictures of random things with the hope that I will have an inspirational shot.

9. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 5 years ago

I do this...

http://chrisinhawaii.hubpages.com/hub/W … cle-Topics

I invited hubbers to add their own tips in the comments section, and I gotta say, I think many of their ideas deserved hubs of their own.  smile

I hope it helps.  Aloha, Chris.

working