jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Can you publish your content on hubpages into e-books?

1. SkySlave profile image83
    SkySlaveposted 5 years ago

Can you publish your content on hubpages into e-books?

2. profile image0
    AaronHubb89posted 5 years ago

That'd be cool...I would put out a yearly book on reviews for movies and such.

3. sparkster profile image93
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

No, any content published at Hubpages is not allowed to be published elsewhere.  However, I have compiled several of my hubs into an ebook, edited it heavily and then published it.

4. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 5 years ago

Off course we can publish our content on hubpages like PDF formats etc or to upload pictures of the content after scanning.

5. RNMSN profile image91
    RNMSNposted 5 years ago

I thought you have to de publish here on HP wait a few dys then you can publish somewhere else but this question is answered I think in the FAQ section too...

1. Perspycacious profile image82
      Perspycaciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When in doubt read your HubPages "Terms of Sevice."

6. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

I've just checked on the forums.

Paul Edmondson (the current CEO and founder of Hubpages) says yes you can, as you own the content. And there's no need to take it down here, either.

So there is the definitive answer to your question.

I would only add that if you intend to sell the eBook then it might be more ethical to at least point out clearly that the same material is available free here, or take it down first before publishing elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

smile

1. Twilight Lawns profile image82
      Twilight Lawnsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well done.  What a crowd of neurotics have answered the  question incorrectly.
      I used some stuff that I had published on HP and added to them and published on Kindle.  I took down the hubs as that wouldn't be fair to HP

2. lobobrandon profile image92
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is true, you're free to publish it elsewhere ebooks, magazines etc. But, it should not be crawled by search engines in anyway. I mean you're not allowed to post on your sites as it would be termed duplicate content. An e-book is fine though smile

7. Jean.Paraison profile image59
    Jean.Paraisonposted 5 years ago

Yes, I can. What are you talking about, my friend? That's my work. So, I have every right in the world to do whatever I want with it.

8. Dim Flaxenwick profile image77
    Dim Flaxenwickposted 5 years ago

Yes.   Hubpages are good about that.  Some sites won´t allow it, but Hubpages recognise  that YOU still own the copyright of your work on Hubpages

9. Poethepoet profile image77
    Poethepoetposted 5 years ago

I tried this one time a while back after doing some heavy editing, but I really didn't have much luck with E-books.

working