jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How much time do you spend editing your hubs?

1. Simon Lam profile image95
    Simon Lamposted 5 years ago

How much time do you spend editing your hubs?

I seem to spend a lot of time editing my articles. Do you spend a lot of time editing your hubs?

2. Mohammed Katz profile image75
    Mohammed Katzposted 5 years ago

I just started writing hubs. So i'd say about 3-4 hours a day.

3. profile image0
    Domenick Dicceposted 5 years ago

It do spend a lot of time editing my hubs.  My writing process involves writing the article, leaving it alone for one day and then editing it again. I then will normally wait one week before publishing, that way I can give it one more read through before publishing.  I find fresh eyes are the most important part of editing.
    Once a hub is written I only edit it when there is new information to add.

4. conradofontanilla profile image81
    conradofontanillaposted 5 years ago

Editing time depends on complexity of topic, level of target audience, and aims for the Hub. Perhaps I spent the longest editing time on my Hub "How Colon Cancer Develops From A Polyp; How to Prevent Or Stop This Cancer." I had two big aims: to explain colon cancer and to prevent and stop it. It is a long Hub. I rewrote it three times. The hardest to explain is how colon cancer develops. The source, Cummings, used technical language that I had to level down to layman's language. His discussion is also concise that I had to do supplemental literature research. I had to recheck and recheck on the designation of genes.
    I was fortunate to find an article by Dr. Oz who could explain colonoscopy better because he is a doctor doing colonoscopy himself and who was at the receiving end.
    I am not so concerned about editing time. What matters most to me is my aim of getting my message across to my audience. In "Colon Cancer" I had to think of imagery like going inside the polyp myself.

5. busyguru profile image61
    busyguruposted 5 years ago

I spend about 4 hours in total editing a Hub, depending on length and if I included captions with photos.

6. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

A short hub I may spend about two hour editing. That is especially looking for spell and grammar errors. Making sure all full stops, capitals and things are in place. For a longer hub this editing process can take up to 3 days. I currently have a very long hub of 5000 words that I am working on and I may eventually publish in four parts. It is wise to take time over editing as boring as this may be. The less mistakes you have in your hub the better the final product will be.

working