jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Do you write every day? Tell us how to improve our writing goal.

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

Do you write every day? Tell us how to improve our writing goal.

2. Tammy Hopkinson profile image60
    Tammy Hopkinsonposted 5 years ago

I write everyday, I have to make a limit that I should write too
    If I write more than the limit that is great. Making a goal helps me to write and not worrying about the editing, and grammar until after I am done. Some of the best stories or articles I have written on other sites have turned out wonderful.

3. sherrituck profile image88
    sherrituckposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I write everyday, it just depends on how the mental juices are flowing.  I try not to force myself to write.  If I do, it is not my best work.

4. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

There are a lot of books that talk about "freewriting", where you just sit down and start writing - anything at all. Alternatively, you can use a "starter", such as "What I want to do today", "What I would like to get done this year". Any sort of starter as long as it gets you going.

5. SylviaSky profile image93
    SylviaSkyposted 5 years ago

No, I don't write every day. Some days I prioritize my health or other work or friendships. Hope always to keep a balance. Stressing yourself to "write every day" just because somebody said you should will make you anxious.

6. Meisjunk profile image91
    Meisjunkposted 5 years ago

I've been trying to keep this goal! The key for me is to not set a specific time aside. When I put thoughts down as soon as they come, I don't feel pressured to make any come at all. It seems to be working, since I have about a dozen poems waiting to be made into articles on here, and 3 different article ideas. Cross your fingers that I keep it up, and I hope you find what keeps your juices flowing! I actually have a series of articles started on how to keep your writing motivation up even when you have a full-time job. Check it out if you're interested. smile

7. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

As a technical writer, I write every single day, Monday through Friday, 8 hours or more, and think nothing of it: it's simply my job, my dream job realized. The time flies by.

But, since I am not doing this for anything but personal enjoyment, writing articles tends to come and go in great batches: sometimes feast, sometimes famine. I know that if I wanted to set minimum requirements I could, but then it would seem like work and miss the point of writing articles to relax and write outside the box

1. starstream profile image76
      starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for tellling us about your writing plan.  I think you are very dedicated.  Right now I am writing two standard notebook pages a day as my goal.