jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone have referral signups that actually write hubs?

1. robhampton profile image98
    robhamptonposted 4 years ago

Does anyone have referral signups that actually write hubs?

I have 17 referral signups and not a single one has written a hub. Weird. Anyone else have this issue?

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

Not weird at all.   I do have referral signups who write Hubs, but only two out of a hundred are writing large numbers of Hubs.

There are lots of reasons why that happens.  Sometimes people sign up just to comment or participate in the forums, and have no intention of writing Hubs at all.  Sometimes people sign up, then look around the site, find it too hard and don't get started.  Or just don't get around to it.

I used to try emailing my referral signups to welcome them to  HubPages and offer my help to write their first Hub.  it worked so rarely, I don't bother now.

1. robhampton profile image98
      robhamptonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Makes sense.

3. the clean life profile image79
    the clean lifeposted 4 years ago

Yes the same thing for me. One did write one hub and was banned by HP. I think this writer was banned before and tried to sign up again, so the answer is No one write hubs that have signed up.

4. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 4 years ago

None of mine have written anything yet sad  I also tried emailing to say hello and offer help with getting started or answering any questions they might have.

No response.

5. light20 profile image83
    light20posted 4 years ago

Yes. Me too...except i only have a single referral signup...have not written any hub yet...

6. missolive profile image94
    missoliveposted 4 years ago

I've been somewhat lucky with referral trackers as I implemented them early on. I've had 49 new hubbers sign up through my trackers and they have published over 196 hubs. I would say only about 5-7 of the hubbers are still consistently active on the site and about 15 have never written a hub. I've never attempted to let them know they are signed up through my tracker.

Use referral trackers whenever possible! smile

working