jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is any poem created any revolution ?

1. icv profile image64
    icvposted 4 years ago

Is any poem created any revolution ?

2. suzettenaples profile image91
    suzettenaplesposted 4 years ago

I don't know of a specific poem that inspired a revolution, but I do know that Che Guevarra, a Cuban and South American revolutionary, did write poetry during the 1950's and 60's that was revolutionary in theme.  Those reading his poetry at the time could have been incited to rebel against their government.

Vaclav Havel, from Chechzlosovakia, was a writer and poet, I believe.  His writings called for a free Chech Republic and when that happened he became the first president of the Chech Republic.  He was so beloved by his countrymen for his writings that they voted him into office. 

Thomas Paine and his pamphlet wriitng (no poetry that I know of) helped to inspire the American revolution in the mid-1700's.  His writings helped to stir the idea of rebellion and revolution in the British subjects living in the American colonies. 

These are just three examples that I know of.  I know, too, there were French writers that pushed for revolution during the French Revolution 1790's, but I can't remember their names at the moment.  Writing prose and poetry has inspired revolution in man in different times, places and circumstances.

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
      Darknlovely3436posted 4 years agoin reply to this

When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly." UK

working

2. icv profile image64
      icvposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks for sharing

3. sereseus profile image70
    sereseusposted 4 years ago

Not that I know of sorry my knowledge is as limited as of the size of a grain to the world.But i hope soon one of my poems will.....as the world has gone down considering truth.

1. sereseus profile image70
      sereseusposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hehe  but I maybe the only one who calls me a poet.LOL.I was trying to be funny.

Closed to reply

working