jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What is your favorite book?

1. itssarahj profile image60
    itssarahjposted 4 years ago

What is your favorite book?

Recently, I purchased the "Eat, Pray, Love" book by Elizabeth Gilbert and have been in love with it.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years ago

Marion Zimmer Bradley takes the reader through the magical, romantic lands of ancient Paganism, the lives of High Kings, their beautiful Queens, and early Christianity from the viewpoint of the heroic women behind the warriors and kings. read more

3. Abhaque Supanjang profile image79
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 4 years ago

Al-Qur'an, the holy book Islam. I read (recite) it every day; dawn, in the morning, in the evening, and at the time before I go to bed. Internalizing all things dealing with this holy book is also the thing that I always take. Beside it, I also like to read humorous books.

4. married2medicine profile image70
    married2medicineposted 4 years ago

Trust me when I tell you this! Read "The Soul Talkers" by Funom Makama. It is a book I highly recommend to you. It will keep you in suspense from the front cover to the back cover and even days after completely reading it, you will be swimming in awe to its magnificient story. The way the Author perfectly blended campus life with emotional saga, romances, sports, peer antagonism and poetry, just leaves me in wonderland to how he was able to do that. Get a copy, read it and come back here to express your views. Trust me! You will love what you read.

5. JessBraz profile image94
    JessBrazposted 4 years ago

Eat, Pray, Love was a really fantastic book. I actually have "Un Amico Italiano (Eat, Pray, Love in Rome)" sitting on my bookshelf. I have yet to get around to reading it though.. I've skimmed the first little bit and it seems like a fun read (It is Luca Spahgetti's book.. Elizabeth Gilbert's italian teacher from Eat, Pray, Love)

My favourite book of all time? It's hard to choose.. My top five fluctuate a lot, but The Catcher in the Rye is definitely in there. So is "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott... If I had to pick one, it would probably be Jane Eyre. I actually collect copies of Jane Eyre. I've got, I don't even know how many different editions of Jane Eyre.

Happy reading everyone!

1. itssarahj profile image60
      itssarahjposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No way! Luca Spaghetti wrote his own book too? Its in english right? I'll have to go purchase that book right away. I just love books about traveling and indulging in the necessities of life. Thank you for sharing smile

6. alokrawat01 profile image59
    alokrawat01posted 4 years ago

Jane Eyre, a novel by English writer Charlotte Brontë. It was published on 16 October 1847 by Smith, Elder & Co. of London, England, under the pen name "Currer Bell."
    The best thing about the book is the simplicity of writing. It's so simple and smooth that defines every character and situation by itself.

7. icv profile image70
    icvposted 3 years ago

My favorite books are those ones which are written by Vaikkam Muhammed Basher (Malayalee writer). I want to read the autobiogrphy of MK Gandhi and Vision India 2020 By APJ Abdul Kalam