jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What words would YOU use to describe God/Heaven without using the actual words?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What words would YOU use to describe God/Heaven without using the actual words?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8910046_f260.jpg

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by "actual words." I would say supreme ruler, almighty, everlasting, omnipotent, awesome, powerful. loving, awe inspiring, and forgiving for the word God.

For heaven, I would say wonderful, everlasting, happy, secure, restful, peaceful, beautiful, and full of light.

3. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

Perfect. But since my one word answer is too short, let me explain: Everybody's perfect place with a perfect God.

4. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

The word God is a title that people can easily attached to a person ,or a thing . That is why people have names we can personally direct attention to . Just as if I called your name out you would answer . Here is the proper name for the universal God who created all things.

Reference Bible Ps 83:18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Byington Ps 83:18 And know it is you alone that are named Jehovah, on high over all the earth.

American Standard Version Ps 83:18 That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.

King James Version Ps 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

HEAVENS
    Heaven in the bible can take on different meanings , but the one most people think about is where God  who is Jehovah  and the Angels live as spirit bodies.
    Again the bible is clear on this as well.
    Reference Bible Ps 115:16 As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, But the earth he has given to the sons of men.
    Byington Ps 115:16 The heavens are Jehovah’s heavens, but the earth he has given to mankind.
    American Standard Version Ps 115:16 The heavens are the heavens of Jehovah; But the earth hath he given to the children of men.
    King James Version Ps 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.
    The earth will be heavenly soon after the clean up.
    That is why it is written  In Mathew 6:10 "Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth."
    All people that survive Armegeddon  will keep living here on earth ,just as Noah ,he was declared righteous by God and did not go to heaven, he kept living here after he survived the flood.

working