jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do poetry and short stories really draw an audience? Anyone tried a serialized v

1. Lee Strong profile image60
    Lee Strongposted 3 years ago

Do poetry and short stories really draw an audience? Anyone tried a serialized version of a novel?

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 3 years ago

I adore the short story.  It takes an extremely talented writer to create the characters, places, etc.; make them believable; and, be able to condense all this into a limited writing.  Definitely, my favourite.  No, I have not a serialized version of a novel.

Lee Strongposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response.

3. Kathleen Odenthal profile image93
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 3 years ago

fiction and creative writing is a tough sell on hubpages, but the community will likely show your work love

Lee Strongposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I think you are right. It might be a place to share, but not to generate income - unless, like Dickens a serialized piece gets an audience. Maybe I need a very sick character who lingers through several installments!

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Some people do seem to have a large audience for those two things. I have a couple of short stories and poems, but the views fluctuate.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I think the best kind of fiction for HubPages are the one shots, which can be poetry or short stories. They don't generate income (because no one knows to search for them) but they can get the attention of other writers in the community. Serialized stories aren't the best fit because the nature of hubpages isn't designed for multi-part articles. They don't even recommend splitting up non-fiction articles. So, you can probably post short fiction here, but I would save the novels for ebooks.

working