jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is this and what does it mean? When I searched google for my page I see this

1. Neil Sperling profile image81
    Neil Sperlingposted 3 years ago

Why is this and what does it mean? When I searched google for my page I see this notice. See pic.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11879400_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Strange. I entered the hub title and your name into Google so I could see the listing better. I didn't get the yellow notification. My guess is the type of warning a person gets is based on which type of warning system they have installed on their computer. I have McAfee and the "Site Advisor" displays a green check mark next to the link telling me the page is safe. According to the explanations provided by McAfee, the green check means the page does not contain malware or spyware downloads or anything else that would harm my computer.

Since you get the yellow warning. My guess is your system is more sensitive. That doesn't always mean the site has a bad reputation, it can simply mean there's something in HP's background coding that your system interprets as possibly harmful. Unfortunately, people who get that warning and have never visited HP or know anything about it may heed the warning and not read your page.

I don't know if there's anyway to fix the problem. I know HP is a reputable and safe site to surf, but not all software created to protect people's computers will view it that way.

3. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 3 years ago

That looks like the notification for Avast Webshield which gives you information about websites in a Google search result..  I wouldn't worry about it when it comes to viewing content on Hubpages.  I believe that the "bad reputation" notation is created by combination of things including voting by readers, traffic, the type of site, etc.

4. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

Apparently this has something to do with your anti-virus softwate, so I saw on another forum...if you have "Avast" this is what it shows for Hub Pages content for some reason.

working