jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Do you post your new articles to Facebook?

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

Do you post your new articles to Facebook?

I post some of mine and then delete them after twenty-four hours.  Is Facebook a good place to market your new articles?

2. profile image53
    lottsloveposted 3 years ago

I do not know.  I am new to this and am unclear on many things.  Have you made any money doing this?  Has Facebook benefited you in any way?

1. Purplepassion1 profile image76
      Purplepassion1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

There is no money in putting your article on Facebook; it merely showcases your work to your friends, but unless you have a million friends, it doesn't really bring the traffic to your hub.  Just an ego boost.

3. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 3 years ago

I gave up on Facebook when I found it next to impossible to amend, update or delete information entered when I first started. It's way easier amending and updating here and on my other sites (My Book Buzz, Webeden, Twitter, LinkedIn).
    Besides they allow all manner of rants and abusive language - including those made by Lee Rigby's killer, Muslim convert Michael Adebolajo and his abetter Michael Adebowale. They failed to pass on the information to either MI5 or MI6, who had somehow lost contact with the pair. Nor has Facebook shown any sign of apology for the omission.
    So I can't be bothered to use Facebook.

4. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

You mean putting a link of your Hubpage article in Facebook? I mostly do it. Roughly 1% of my traffic comes from Facebook (too small a figure, but my contact list in Facebook is hopelessly small and most of my contacts may not be interested in reading my articles!).

If you mean posting an article itself in facebook, well, I don't do it.

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
      Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, simply posting a "press release", not the article itself.  I do get views when I do this but perhaps not my best target market.  On the other hand, perhaps reviewing the common interest of my contacts may prove valuable.  Thanks for the feedback

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

ah yes, i post all my new hubs at facebook but got few traffic, not a great place. I think goggle plus is better

6. lambservant profile image95
    lambservantposted 3 years ago

There is a FB page, also, called Hot HUbbers, where the hubpages community who join can post their work or another hubbers. People often share on the FB pages. I share my stuff on FB from time to time. It will get you more views and it's nice to receive comments from your FB followers and friends. Comments are often helpful in many ways.

1. Seafarer Mama profile image86
      Seafarer Mamaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So good to know about this!  I usually just announce that I have published an article on my own page. Now I'll do it on the HP page. :0)

7. mackyi profile image64
    mackyiposted 3 years ago

I personally have come to realize that it's very difficult to get Facebook's audience to engage. For this reason, I have stopped posting articles to Facebook.