jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

To all New Yorkers out there: What words would YOU use to describe New York's Up

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

To all New Yorkers out there: What words would YOU use to describe New York's Upper East

Side without using the actual neighborhood name?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12418808_f260.jpg

2. feenix profile image59
    feenixposted 2 years ago

Upscale, all-the-way-live, excellent-restaurant heaven, land of good-lookin' gals 'n guys, and the hippest, coolest urban area in the entire world.

gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Upscale is an understatement to describe the neighborhood, Feenix.  To Phoenix2327, I made an error.  The Upper East Side is from East 59th to 96th Street, from east 5th to First Ave/East End Ave.  42nd Street is considered to be midtown New York.

2. feenix profile image59
      feenixposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Grace, in my opinion, it would be an "understatement" to describe Beverly Hills as upscale, because nearly every one of that area's residents is filthy rich. Now, so far as the UES, many of its residents are not rich at all and many are even poor.

3. phoenix2327 profile image82
      phoenix2327posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Feenix makes a valid point.  I'm familiar with the Upper East Side because I lived there for many years.  I'm not rich; I was just really lucky to find an apartment in the area that fit my budget.

4. gmwilliams profile image84

Thank you guys, I am also familiar w/the Upper East Side. I attended college in that area & also went shopping there. Its a very moneyed area.  I knew that most wealthy/affluent people resided there. Yes,there are less affluent people there.

3. phoenix2327 profile image82
    phoenix2327posted 2 years ago

Affluent, privileged, professional, great restaurants, and money, money, money.

Also some of the best and choicest stores and gourmet supermarkets. Yes, it is a monied area. Chic galore, just walk on from 5th Avenue to East End/First Avenue from East 42nd to 96th Street- the glorious East Side is there in all its gilded array.

working