jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How can I earn money by writing

1. profile image56
    Ishtiaq948posted 20 months ago

How can I earn money by writing

2. Alex Hunter profile image72
    Alex Hunterposted 20 months ago

Try writing for blogs. There are many websites hiring freelance writers to cover various topics so you could think of what you know best and offer your writing skills. Write a couple of examples to show and create a profile on special sites meant to connect freelancers and employers. Fill your profile, add a nice photo, set your price and terms. Look for job offers and apply.

1. profile image58
      Sohaib118posted 20 months agoin reply to this

A legit website that pays well for online writers and socializing.

Many of our Hub friends are there.

Join now:

3. Mahfuza Moni profile image61
    Mahfuza Moniposted 20 months ago

I know that a lot of what I write seems to involve whether or not women like me. But that's what I think about. I want people to like me. And when I was younger, it was more important that women like me than that men like me.

I also wanted money. I didn't want to work for a boss. That scary feeling of being called into the boss's office after you know you did something that was "wrong." I put it in quotes because what does it matter now? What did it even matter then? How could you, my sweet baby, ever do something wrong? (Note: that's the sentence I would whisper to myself after being summoned to the boss's office.)

"Don't you have any pride in your work?"
    "Clean out your desk today."
    "Did you steal all of the paper?"
    "Why did the office cleaning lady find 20 moldy sandwiches in your drawer?"
    "Why didn't you test the software before it went to the client?"

Whatever. It's because I was busy and no, I didn't have pride in my work. I was 22 years old and looking at women and trying to publish a novel on the side so I didn't have to work anymore. And I have no comment about the sandwiches. It took many years before I made any money as a writer. And what works then is different now. Right now it's easier than ever. But the rules changed every three or four years and they will change again. Just like they change with everything in life.

By the way, that first novel, and the four that came after it, and the 50 short stories that came after it, never got published. I used to think I needed to publish something before I could feel good about myself, before I could call myself a "writer," before I could have a girlfriend, before I could get a real job, before I could move to NYC.

4. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 20 months ago