Gianella Labrador ~ The Moment I Thought I Could No Longer Write

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Gianella shares her struggle with writing & tells us how her passion began.

https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Mom … nger-Write

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What a wonderful response by Gianella to your word prompt “writing,” Brenda. Thank you for sharing the link.
      Gianella, I enjoyed reading every word of your personal story and am proud of the progress you are making as a writer at such a young age. Congratulations on having written 21 articles here in such a short time and in your 21st year. Your writing and poetry is very personal and touches people in some way.
      I wish you well in your writing endeavours now and in the future.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello Gianella!
      This is a wonderful response to the word prompt, Writing. Many writers will be able to relate to your journey, as a writer.
      I always feel, that writing is therapeutic. I am sure, that writing about your personal experiences, might ease your struggles.
      You are doing great as a writer. Wish you all the best.
      Thank you for sharing.
      Thanks Brenda, for sharing this.

1. Gianella Labrador profile image83
        Gianella Labradorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for the feedback Chitrangada! I wish you all the best too.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Gianella
    In your poem, "THE NIGHTMARE THAT ALMOST RUINED MY LIFE" tells us of a struggle someone has just to do daily tasks, but still tries to write.

God has given this person a chance to gain back his strength and continue his calling for writing.

Then in "HOW DID I GET INTO WRITING AND DISCOVERING MY PASSION:" you tell us about your own journey.

Your passion for writing started early on in school.
    In adolescence you learned to write from the heart using your own experiences.

Currently trying to earn a living with your writing, while learning that your words lessen the stuggles you face in life.

Now you are a writer who inspires others by your work.
    You words are gaining attention from others.

You still dream of one day publishing a book.

You are going to continue aiming high.

We all have struggles that we cross in life.  Having health issues does put a roadblock in our way, but we often find a way around it by using our writing.

I wish you the best.  I'm certain with a little work, your dreams will become reality.

I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

The first part "THE NIGHTMARE THAT ALMOST RUINED MY LIFE" is also about me Brenda. I'm currently on my journey to find more clues regarding my clinical condition while still trying to write as much as possible for my dreams to continue manifesting in reality. Thank you so much Brenda and John for your support! Regards to both of you!

1. MizBejabbers profile image89
        MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Gianella, I'm still searching for Brenda's article to find the link to the word prompt because I want to read your "nightmare" poem (article). But I hope I can give you a few words of encouragement. I went from a career writer (advertising, news reporting) to a career editor because at the time editing was the only job I could find without relocating.
        I liked it fine, but I loved the boss and the people with whom I worked so I stuck with it. In 2006 I was on a city bus that overturned and cracked a couple of vertebras in my back. The accident left me with complex regional pain disorder (CRPS) and chronic fatigue. I am permanently disabled. The position that I occupied as a legal editor for the State of Arkansas really saved me. Unlike proofreaders, editors also do a lot of researching and writing.
        While I was recuperating from the accident at home, I found that the only chair I could sit in without a lot of pain was the office chair at my computer desk. So I had the thought if I am comfortable only in an office chair, I may as well get paid for it. Instead of quitting my job and drawing disability, I went back to work and worked for 11 more lovely years, which were nine years past my retirement eligibility. I finally threw in the towel and forced myself to retire because the chronic fatigue was making me too tired to concentrate on my work.
        Now I draw a very nice pension from my extra years of work, much more than I would have had I drawn disability or even retired when I was eligible. I can write or not write, whichever I choose. Being a retired editor saved me from retiring in poverty on a meager pension.
        About your hands and writing with a pen, do you write on your computer? I also have a similar problem resulting from a hard fall I took when I was a child. A nerve injury in my shoulder causes weakness and pain in my writing hand. That and doing other things, too, for instance I have trouble peeling and slicing an apple. I usually get someone else to do it for me. So, learning to write on a computer was a must for me. At first it was difficult to concentrate while looking at a blank screen, but I got used to it. You are definitely computer literate or you wouldn't be on Hubpages. So try it if you don't do it now. I think you'll come to like it. Best of luck to you. I'm sending healing thoughts your way.

Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Doris...
          The link above is her nightmare poem.

To read more of her work go to her profile.
          https://hubpages.com/@gianellalabrador

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Doris
          It can be found listed at the bottom here
          https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … ty-Week-42

3. Gianella Labrador profile image83
    Gianella Labradorposted 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing my work Brenda!

No problem Gianella

4. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

I agree that this is a wonderful response to Brenda's word prompt, Gianella. I also think many people will relate to your writing journey.

Thanks for posting this article, Brenda.

Thank you Pamela!

5. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Gianella
    I agree with Doris (Misbejabbers) that you shouldn't get discouraged.

If not a pen there are other ways.  I tend to write on my mobile phone, but there are programs where you can learn to talk and it tyoes onto computer.
    Writing helps others as well as yourself.

I'm certain you will find a way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)