Which Topic Should I Write Next?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Gianella Labrador profile image84
    Gianella Labradorposted 2 years ago

I've been stuck with a lot of content ideas in my head lately, and I'm not quite sure which should I write next or whether I should still pursue the topics that are pending.

I've been quite putting off writing hubs as I'm getting busy with analyzing and studying my health condition. Life at home has been hectic, busy, and stressful too. There's so much general cleaning and decluttering needed.

I have been wanting to write about my Journey from various health departments to the point I get hospitalized, what happened at the hospital, and how is it going lately. What were the findings, what's the progress, what I have gone through, and what's next?
    But it's quite complicated. I'm not sure were to categorize it. Not sure to if I'd write it in poetry form or share it as if just narrating a story. It'd be long for sure and I'd share it in parts. I wanted to share my realizations and life lessons acquired too. Maybe on a different hub.

When I got first admitted, the first night, I thought I'd write about the patients I encountered at the Emergency and the Private Ward but it got so many as days passed by I couldn't write about each one of them. The number of patients I encountered pretty much doubled up so fast just within the first four days. There were some special encounters that really made a mark on me but since I've been struggling with my memory due to this unknown condition. I can no longer remember as much. I was supposed to write hubs at the hospital, but having to wear dextrose at my dominant hand which is (right), I struggle to use my left hand for writing and typing. Even the first few days, I struggle to eat and drink water. It's difficult to train a non dominant hand to get used with the tasks.

I was able to write "Something to Feel Good" when my dextrose got removed for a while as it needed to be changed. And because I drank coffee that was bad for my brain and my head. It was the caffeine that made me write the hub at the same time I was palpitating and having some allergy reactions. It was supposed to feel good but I was feeling uneasy when I was writing it. Everything is idiomatic.

Another topic, I was supposed to write is inspired by the song title called "You're the Inspiration". Wanted to write about someone or something that inspires me. What motivates me, and how it can be for the other hubbers as well. It's like a word prompt on 'inspiration' that I'd like to focus on how I can also inspire others.

Life has been really challenging. But I'm a changed person already. Better than I was last year. I focus more on positive thinking and prioritizing what's going to fill my happiness bar always full charge. No longer giving attention to things that doesn't matter, gives me tons of stress. No longer entertaining things that makes me mad and sad. What supposed to frustrates and irritates me, I forget and ignore it. I try to divert my attention to only happy thoughts and happy stuffs.  There must be no room left for anger, stress, and hatred.

Instead, I should focus on heading towards my goals and ambitions as I continue to head towards complete recovery.

If you wanna know about that too, my goals and plans in the future, let me know.

There are so much backlogs and content prompts in my head. And decision making is really my pitfall and waterloo. So, I'd really appreciate if you'd help me decide which one to write first. I'm also open to suggestions on how to draft the topic chosen. Let me know too, if you want me to write it in poetry form or would just narrate it like in essay form or story telling kind of writing.

Thank you in advance for taking your time to read this forum.

Blessings to everyone. Stay safe and loved.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image81
      Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Gianella
      It sounds like you are getting a bit overwhelmed.

That happens to all of us.  We have so many ideas that we don't know what to write about & then we do nothing.

Just relax and take care of yourself.

Instead of thinking about what to write, just let your words come out on the paper.

Whatever you are feeling at that moment...no preplanning in your mind.

Our muse sometimes wants to take control.

Keep doing better.  Sending you prayers.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Gianella!
      It seems from your write up that you have recently recovered from illness. First of all, you should take care of your health, so that you are completely fine.
      It's good that you have so many ideas in your mind, to write about.
      This happens with many writers.
      It's good to jot down notes of them, so that you can expand them later. Just note down the key and important points. I am sure this will help you later, when you actually write in detailed form, one by one, whether poems or prose.
      Thank you and take care.

2. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hi Gianella. I have similar problems at the moment. It isn’t that I have nothing to write, but rather how to  present it. When in doubt I usually choose poetry.
    It would probably be interesting to read about some of the other patients you encountered.

3. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Thanks John! Regards.

4. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Thank you for the advice Bredz will keep that in mind. That's true, things have been pretty overwhelming lately to some extent. It gets a little difficult to relax at times. But I still try to smile and clear my mind every now and then.

Breathing in the energy and strength I need, and breathing out all things that's been a burden and making my feelings heavy.

Thank you so much for always keeping me in your prayers Brenda. Will be praying for you too for blessings and abundance of life.

Keep safe. Sending love and warm hugs.

5. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Thank you Chitran Di, I'm writing something write now. Will post it in a while. I took John's suggestion, on the encounters I had with patients. Stay tuned. Take care too Chitran Di.

Sending some virtual hugs. Blessings to you.

6. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hello Gianella,

First and foremost, please take care of your health, and only when you feel that you are doing well then publish something. We will be always hear to read your beautiful words. smile

Please don't stress and be gentle with yourself. smile

I always keep a journal and a pen near to me and many times I just write random thoughts that comes to my mind. I write them down so that I don't forget. May be try writing some ramblings and publish it in a form of narrative or poetry when you feel easy. smile 

Take care and keep smiling.

Sending Blessings and Love to you!!

7. Gianella Labrador profile image84

I'm writing something now Misbah, stay tuned.

Thank you for responding and giving me a friendly piece of advice.  Love you too.

God bless you, will continue to pray for the complete recovery of your father too.

I should keep writing, as I continue to heal. Life shouldn't stop and stay on pending when you are on recovery. Rest helps, but time is running out.

I only write what I can, do tasks that I can. Little by little at a time. I can't risk to overwork myself further. It's manageable anyways.

Thanks a lot.

1. Misbah786 profile image85
      Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sending Best wishes and Blessings with lots of Love smile

1. Gianella Labrador profile image84
        Gianella Labradorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's now posted. It's called Encounters: Life at the Ward. Thank you for everyone who answered this forum. God bless you all. Stay safe.

8. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Hi Gianella,

You received some good advice about caring for yourself first and foremost.  Taking notes as they pop into your mind is always a good tip.  It sounds as though you have had some interesting encounters with other patients.  Take care!  Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

9. Gianella Labrador profile image84

Thank you Peggy! Praying for you as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)