Word Prompts Help Creativity ~ Week 65 - By Brenda

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (28 posts)
  1. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 8 months ago

Brenda has again come up with a great prompt, "Vacation" to stimulate our creative cells. Vacation is a loaded word with different meanings. For some, it can be a break from routine life to some magical place. For some, vacation can be to "vacate"  themselves of all the cobwebs of stress and tensions and make a new beginning.For some other people, a vacation can also be "ME Time" to find time to do something satisfying and creative.

Thanks, Brenda, for sharing.The link is as follows.
    https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … ty-week-65

1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
      Brenda Arledgeposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for sharing this one Ravi.
      I love your definitions like "vacate."  Could be exactly what I need.

I was worried after I posted it though.  Since we all have summer at different times of the year...we probably all take vacations at different times, but your meanings make it doable.

Thanks again.

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 8 months ago

Thank you for your eagerly awaited word prompt, Brenda. Vacation should prove to be a good one and inspire many of us.
    Thank you for sharing the link, Ravi.

Thanks John...
      I was a bit concerned though...since your summer is different from mine.
      When do you all take vacations??

Are children even out of school in the summer?

3. surovi99 profile image82
    surovi99posted 8 months ago

I like the new word prompt, "Vacation" very much. I already feel like tempted to take a vacation. I like Ravi's interpretations of the prompt. He nailed it exactly.

As usual, I enjoyed Brenda's word prompt article. Coming up flawlessly to the prompt with background stories, quotes and video, something which I always love. I also liked the highlights of fellow writers' posts based on the previous prompt, "Sacrifice."

Thank you, Brenda. I will be on the lookout for fellow writers' posts based on the new prompt.

Thanks so much Rosina.
      I tell you....a vacation sounds good to me too, but sadly I can't take one right now.

I do like Ravi's explanation...he did nail it.

We'll see what stories this one spins...and thanks for loving my article.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 8 months ago

Hello Brenda,
    I enjoyed reading your latest word prompt article. Quite engaging and thoughtful. Selecting random words and then creating something out of it sounds interesting, and I would love to try that.
    Vacation is another great prompt and as Raviji has mentioned, it can be interpreted in many different ways.
    Thanks for sharing the works of fellow writers of the previous word prompt. They are all excellent.
    Thank you for sharing this.
    Thank you Raviji.

Chitrangada...
      Glad you liked this one.

I hope you enjoy creating something by using random words.

It really helps me.  I get bored so I need to challenge the old noggin.

Let ne know if you are successful using this method.

5. Venkatachari M profile image82
    Venkatachari Mposted 8 months ago

"Vacation" is a nice word prompt, Brenda. I  enjoyed going through your musings on word prompts. As Ravi pointed out, vacation can mean different interpretations according to one's own advantage/convenience. I may try to come out with my own submission in due course of time.

Thanks for inspiring fellow writers through your prompts, Brenda.

And, thank you Ravirajan for sharing this prompt from Brenda.

Venkatachari,
      Thank you.

I'm glad you enjoyed goimg through a few of the word Prompts.

It's always interesting to see what others write.

Each one is unique.

6. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 8 months ago

Cool!! Thanks for bringing light to the new word prompt, Ravi. Brenda, I look forward to writing something, anything using the word prompt 'vacation'. I really haven't written much since 2017 as compared to how much I had written the years before. To reset, reboot, or have a new beginning I am challenging myself to write an article for each of these prompts. I will ponder the prompt and hopefully contribute soon.

Sounds good Tim.

I know that feeling of excitement when a new challenge arrives.

So glad you are getting back to writing...it's really good for one's soul.

7. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 months ago

Well if we have children at school we have to arrange our vacations around that ...Easter, Christmas etc. whenever the school holidays fall. If we don't have kids we can take holidays whenever we like if our work can spare us. Most people try to take holidays at Xmas if they can because that is during Summer here.

Brenda Arledgeposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I understand wanting to go in the Summer

8. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 months ago

Most kids get six weeks off then as well.

Wow...six weeks off at Christmas.
      Do they get another break?

Like our children get out of school usually at the end of May and don't go back until about the end of August.

9. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 months ago

Thanks John...
      I just finished reading this one.

10. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 7 months ago

Take time to read John Hansen's writing on the word prompt, "Vacation."

https://hubpages.com/literature/my-vacation-is-calling

For discussion:

https://hubpages.com/literature/forum/3 … hn-hansen-

1. ravirajan01 profile image95
      ravirajan01posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Brenda, I have also published my response. I hope you like it.

https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … g-vacation

Thank you Ravi...sorry, but I just now saw this one.
        Today was the first day of our football season...so I've been watching the games.

I'll read it as soon as I can.

11. Brenda Arledge profile image79
  12. Brenda Arledge profile image79
  13. Brenda Arledge profile image79

Take time to read Angie B  Williams writing for Vacation.

https://discover.hubpages.com/entertain … ng-grounds

For discussion
    https://hubpages.com/literature/forum/3 … -williams-

14. Brenda Arledge profile image79
  15. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 7 months ago

Hello Brenda,
    Here is the link to my response to the word prompt, Vacation. Hope you like it. Thank you.
    https://hubpages.com/literature/the-vac … sh-fiction

Thank you Chitrangada...
      I'll read it as soon as I can.

16. Brenda Arledge profile image79

Take time to read Chitrangada Sharan's response to the word prompt.

https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … sh-fiction

For discussion
    https://hubpages.com/literature/forum/3 … hitrangada

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)