davidlivermore profile image 98

Is it ok to leave my porch light on all the time?

I want to leave my porch light on 24/7. I don't want to turn it off and on, so I don't indicate when I am home. But want it on for security reasons so it always seems like someone is home. Plus it's a nice light. My porch is covered, so it won't get wet. Is it safe? I know it sounds like a silly question, but I want to be sure.

Lisa HW profile image77

Best Answer Lisa HW says

• myefforts profile image

Asif (myefforts) 4 years ago

That's right. I don't think anyone would ever think that someone is always home by seeing the light always on. People would most probably guess the things Lisa has mentioned. To keep the light on for security reasons is not the right idea I believe.

ashtonspen profile image75

Carl Saunders (ashtonspen) says

dianetrotter profile image72

G. Diane Nelson Trotter (dianetrotter) says

Deb Welch says

Copper Man says