jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

White noise or dead silence?

1. Jason R. Manning profile image85
    Jason R. Manningposted 7 years ago

White noise or dead silence?

Do you have to have a little ambiance to fall asleep, or do you prefer such quiet solitude you can hear what the moths are thinking?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4075939_f260.jpg

2. FloBe profile image80
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I can't fall asleep to noise. I use earplugs to deaden as much background noise as possible. I suffered from sleep deprivation until I discovered earplugs. "White noise" like a fan is still too noisy for me.

3. Donna Janelle profile image72
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

I absolutely cannot fall asleep without white noise such as a fan in the background. If I have no white noise, I have a very hard time falling asleep!

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

dead silence. . . . .every single time i hate white noise.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

A little noise please, but not the radio, I would want to actively listen to that.

Rain, crickets, a fan, a freight train ~

A hub idea just entered my head, you best let me know if you want first shot at this one!

6. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Unless it's the sound of waves crashing on the sand or rain on a tin roof, I'd prefer silence.  My pet hate is trying to get to sleep when there's a wall clock ticking, I can't stand that!

7. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

When I'm tired, I go to sleep, whatever the noise, and I can sleep anywhere.
    The picture, very Huxley.

8. tiffany delite profile image76
    tiffany deliteposted 7 years ago

i'm kinda like MickS...now it might not be the deepest most restful sleep, but when i'm tired i can (and do) go to sleep regardless of what noise is happening. if i could choose, i would prefer silence, but as a mother of three teenagers, i have learned to just do without that!!

9. Jaynie2000 profile image91
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

Definitely dead silence. I have enough noise going on in my own head and it takes me awhile to fall asleep. I would hate background noise on top of my own thoughts!

working