jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the strangest habit you have? And how did it form?

1. Elizabeth99 profile image60
    Elizabeth99posted 6 years ago

What is the strangest habit you have? And how did it form?

I have to check under my bed and in my closet before I can go to sleep X) Childish I know, but I can't figure out why I do it! If I don't I am restless all night and can't sleep until I check! I think it is from all those childhood stories of monsters under the bed!

2. lcbenefield profile image75
    lcbenefieldposted 6 years ago

My husband makes fun of me when I belch because I apologize.  That goes back to my upbringing.  It was rude to belch and not excuse yourself.  Sometimes, you just can't help it.  One escapes.  He says if I can't do that at home, where can I do that and feel comfortable without feeling like I have to apologize.

3. Brinafr3sh profile image76
    Brinafr3shposted 6 years ago

Hair pulling, I'm ashamed of it. Maybe it formed out of not trusting someone and their betrayals.

4. NathanielZhu profile image73
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

Chewing my nails since I was 3 or 4. All I remember was coming back from the store. I went into the kitchen, stared at the counter for a bit and started chewing.

5. Artist-For-Hire profile image67
    Artist-For-Hireposted 6 years ago

The short answer - I suck on my paint brush....

It's important that the paint is the right consistancy when you spread it across the canvas and acrylics dry fast.

I don't really suck on it...I dribble on my lips and pick up the moisture with the brush. When I dip the brush in water it gets too moist so I have more control doing it this way. Don't do it with big brushes, just the little ones when I need fine details.

Needless to say everybody who watches me paint always comments on it :-)

working