jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever painted a ceiling?

1. Phil Plasma profile image77
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

Have you ever painted a ceiling?

I've painted the ceiling in a number of rooms in my life.  I almost always end up with a sore neck and a few drops of paint on me.  How has it been for you?

2. LVidoni5 profile image82
    LVidoni5posted 6 years ago

I remodel homes for a living and painting ceilings is something I do on the regular. It's tough to do the job without getting any drips on you or the floor, but nothing a little bit of painters plastic can't catch. I use an extra long extension pole to keep from painting directly above me. It saves your neck a bit, but it's still a bit of a shoulder work out.

3. applecsmith profile image79
    applecsmithposted 6 years ago

Yes, I once spent a whole weekend repainting the vaulted ceiling in my front room. Being a 5 foot 2 in girl while trying to accomplish that is not easy. I ended up falling off the ladder and spraining my ankle. Now I think its worth paying someone else in the future smile

4. LadyFae profile image74
    LadyFaeposted 6 years ago

Yes I have. Actually I painted many ceilings in my time. And indeed a sore neck but a bit more than a few drops of paint in my case lol. I have looooong hair which I usually wear in a braid and so it happened more than once that I forget my braid with as a result that the braid dropped in the paint LOL.

5. mrpooper profile image56
    mrpooperposted 6 years ago

I usually turn the room upside down, paint the floor, then turn the room back to normal. That way all the paint goes on the ceiling and nothing hits the floor or walls.

working