What are some ideas to keep allergies under control in the home?
get rid of carpet and have as much hardwood or tile flooring as possible. Vacuum regularly with a HEPA filter vacuum. Dust regularly.
Don't use commercial cleaning products and use natural alternatives instead (recipes abound on the internet)
Never smoke or allow anyone to smoke in or just outside the home. Make them go away from the front door etc.
Don't have pets or if you do keep pets make sure they are cleaned up after regularly.
Use allergy/asthma friendly bedding and wash/change regularly.
You can also buy air filtration systems for the home, but they are very pricey. Another lower cost alternative is an ozone air purifier.
you can purchase special allergin control H/AC filters and also vacuum cleaner bags. My doctor suggested plastic mattress and pillow covers.
1. Reduce the amount of carpeting in your home.
2. Replace curtains with shades
3. Vacuum and dust regularly. Your vacuum cleaner should have a HEPA filter and your duster should be a microfiber duster designed to attract dirt.
4. Keep the humidity levels below 50 percent in your home by using a humidifier or by setting the A/C to recirculate.
5. Reduce mold spores by keeping houseplants to a minimum.
6. Wash all bedding regularly in HOT water (above 130 degrees)
7. Scrub bathroom regularly as fungus can thrive on soap scum.
8. Keep pets out of bedrooms.
9. Use HEPA filters in your circulation system. As an extra precaution, put cheesecloth in heating and A/C vents.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.