jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you enjoy having candles in your home? Or do you feel that they are dangerous

1. LailaK profile image78
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

Do you enjoy having candles in your home? Or do you feel that they are dangerous?

2. ZAS profile image61
    ZASposted 5 years ago

Both. I do like the atmosphere that candles can create and might occasionally light one on a table if there will be people there every second that it burns. Other than that, I have met numerous people who have had their homes burned and so the thought of fire is too scary to risk(especially with a cat in the house). Battery operated candles are a pretty nice substitute.

3. brsmom68 profile image87
    brsmom68posted 5 years ago

I enjoy the ambiance of a candle, but as with all open flames precautions must be taken. Keep them away from curtains and other flammable materials. Always use an appropriate candle holder. If you have a candle on the toilet tank, place a coaster or pot holder under the candle holder; the heat from the candle and cold from the tank may cause the holder to break. This is a note from personal experience; thankfully the candle went out and no fire resulted.

If leaving the house or if pets are present, be extra careful. This also applies to children; playtime can quickly turn into emergency room time if precautions aren't taken. Use the candles responsibly and enjoy their beauty and relaxing effects.

4. Melindas Mind profile image69
    Melindas Mindposted 5 years ago

Both. I love candles, but my youngest has aspergers syndrome, and a fascination for fire. Combining those means nothing with an open flame is allowed in my house because he'll burn himself and possibly set the house on fire in the process.

working