jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do candles have unique powers?

1. WoodsmensPost profile image70
    WoodsmensPostposted 7 years ago

Do candles have unique powers?

2. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Look at your question again,iam not sure what your question is.

3. ryancarter profile image60
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

They all can fly, some have telepathy, and others emit light when lit on fire...

4. samuraipoet profile image56
    samuraipoetposted 7 years ago

Some candles have generic, ordinary powers. So far, I'm not aware of any candles with unique powers, however :-)

5. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

My Grandma burned candle in vigil for her dead son while she prayed. So yes - I think it give comfort and focus for those who meditate.

I thinks he is asking about the belief that some people have different color candles for spells. And then there are other who light a candle  so can cross the border in safety.

6. shimla profile image90
    shimlaposted 7 years ago

An ancient meditation is to watch the flame of a candle with full awareness as a means of liberating consciouness from its focus on the conditioned self - on another note my friend and I witnessed a candle flicker and sway when we were listening to Hendrix - the room was completely sealed (no breeze) and we were too far away for our breath to have influenced the flame - for the record it was Electric Ladyland playing

7. 4tsom10 profile image73
    4tsom10posted 7 years ago

I believe that they do...and the keyword here is Believe. The mind is very strong and tools such as candles only help to visualize a desire. They are used for focus your thought or prayer as they have been used for hundreds of years. I just posted a hub about candle burning, so please read it and tell me what you think!

8. WoodsmensPost profile image70
    WoodsmensPostposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the response 4tsom10 I will be reading your hub and thank you for the invite. I may have needed to reword the question to what is was thinking  at the time but I think maybe you caught a glimps of where I was heading.

9. Blessitbe profile image60
    Blessitbeposted 7 years ago

I believe in light up candles, I believe you light candles for the ones that have passed away as a light for them, and to light a white candle in your home and pray to the lord will bring his light in your home, every color has a meaning.

10. deblipp profile image57
    deblippposted 6 years ago

A candle is a tool, and like any tool, it does things uniquely well that other tools don't do as well!

Candles have many excellent and unique qualities. They provide a single focal point (the flame). They dispose of themselves (so you don't have to dispose of the remains of a spell as you would if, for example, you used a crystal or a piece of writing). They continue to "work" without your attention. They are timed (a dinner taper lasts eight hours, a tea light lasts 45 minutes, a 7 day candle...well, you get the picture). They come in a variety of colors so that color symbolism can be used. They're inexpensive and readily available. Wax is soft, so candles can be engraved and objects can be embedded in them. They can be scented.

Each of the above is a reason that a candle is a uniquely useful tool.