jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you fix it or replace it??

1. Jacksmack316 profile image74
    Jacksmack316posted 5 years ago

Do you fix it or replace it??

So an item breaks and you particularly need it do you fix it or replace it? Do you know what your doing?

2. lmarsh1203 profile image61
    lmarsh1203posted 5 years ago

I try to fix it, but more times than not this evolves to replacing it. Sometimes I get it right. When I want to figure out what I'm doing I search the internet for tutorials from people who know what they're doing.

3. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

I usually attempt to fix things.  This usually saves me money and allows me to boast about being handy haha.  Sometimes if I am short on time or if the broken item is relatively inexpensive, I will just replace it.  I enjoy fixing things and take pride in my work, especially when it comes to home and auto repair.

4. jpcmc profile image90
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

I try to fix things first.  But if circumstances would not allow me to tinker with it, then the next best thing is to buy a new one.

5. ShootersCenter profile image72
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

Fix it, I've found very little that I can't fix or repair.

6. MilesArmbruster profile image60
    MilesArmbrusterposted 5 years ago

Fix it. I hate the idea of throwing something into landfill. My dryer broke recently, and I had to buy a few different parts to get it going again. But it was satisfying to do the work myself, and it cost a lot less than replacement. Some items are harder to repair.

7. Eric Calderwood profile image85
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

Definitely, if at all possible, fix it.  New items just don't seem to work as well as the old ones.  If I can't fix something, I might look into another used item first before buying a new one.  This goes for appliances, cars, and other mechanical items.  Electronics is a different case altogether.  I'd have to go with replacing electronics with a brand new item for reliability's sake.

working