Are there any hubbers that live in one of those "Tiny Houses"?

1. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

Are there any hubbers that live in one of those "Tiny Houses"?

If so, did you buy the land and then build? If you care to share, can you say how much the house cost to build?  Were there any special zoning ordinances you had to pass to get built? Are you enjoying the smaller living space and what advice would you give to anyone else considering a Tiny House?

2. LilaDaley profile image62
    LilaDaleyposted 5 years ago

We bought a home last year that is 1 1/2 stories.  The upper floor is cramped.  The home is about 1,000 sf with a half finished basement.  The key to a smaller home is lots of storage space and no dead space.  Under our stairs to the upper level is a powder room.

As a person who has a lot of stuff I have come to find that I don't need most of it.  I continue to go through it on a regular basis and learn that most stuff is just trash and space wasters.

3. SidKemp profile image93
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

My wife and I downsized from over 3,000 square feet to 1,150 square feet six years ago. She got a job in Boca Raton, and being near her work so we could share one car and have more time together was important. The house is not new - it was build in 1959. It is very easy to cool in the summer and we didn't even use heat last winter. Other than not having a separate room for guests (or for me, when I'm in the doghouse!), it's great!

working