How do you remove stains from a granite counter?
I have two stains on my granite counter. One appears to be coffee, and the other appears to be pomegranate. Neither stain will come clean regardless of all my efforts. I've tried numerous cleansers, and none have removed these stains. Is there a product or procedure for removing tough stains from granite?
Both of those items are extremely strong staining, and if your granite is both light-colored and unsealed, you may very well have permanent stains. The fact that you've tried numerous cleaners and had no luck really makes it seem this s the case. You may have to sand off the stains in those areas or replace sections of the granite.
Here are the types of stain and what you can use to remove them.
1. For organic stains like coffee, soda, mustard, gravy, tea, etc., you may use Hydrogen Peroxide (30%-40% by volume)
2. For inorganic stains like ink, dyes, dirt, etc. you can use rubbing alcohol for ink; Hydrogen Peroxide (30%-40% by volume) for all others
3. For oil like any type of cooking oil, some mineral oils, butter, margarine, etc, you may use pure acetone (avoid using nail polish remover as different brands have different ingredients)
4. For biological stains like mold, mildew, etc., you can use bleach or MB-9
5. For metal stains (rust, copper, etc.) you can use iron-out (a white powder available at hardware stores)
Granite Countertop Fabrication Clearwater - www.stmgranite.com/
by Kim Kennedy5 years ago
What's the best way to remove stains from stainless steel?My son tends to leave food tins standing in the sink soaking, despite repeated requests not to do this. The bottom of the tins leave a black circle on the...
by Sam Kear3 years ago
How do you remove candle wax stains from granite counter tops?I accidently left a couple of wax candles (red / brown) sitting directly on a granite surface and it left a stain in the stone. How can the...
by LaThing6 years ago
How would you remove stains from a carpet without using chemicals?
by JR Krishna4 years ago
How do you remove stains from tea cups?My tea cup is tall. I find it difficult to scrub the bottom inside.
by CassyLu19815 years ago
How do you remove rust stains from a Stainless Steel sink?
by Efficient Admin3 years ago
How do you remove rust stains from your toilet bowl?I tried the Lysol Power and Free which said it will remove rust stains and lime buildup but so far it hasn't worked. Do you know of any remedies to get rid of...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.