How do you remove stains from a granite counter?

1. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 5 years ago

How do you remove stains from a granite counter?

I have two stains on my granite counter.  One appears to be coffee, and the other appears to be pomegranate.  Neither stain will come clean regardless of all my efforts.  I've tried numerous cleansers, and none have removed these stains.  Is there a product or procedure for removing tough stains from granite?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Both of those items are extremely strong staining, and if your granite is both light-colored and unsealed, you may very well have permanent stains.  The fact that you've tried numerous cleaners and had no luck really makes it seem this s the case.  You may have to sand off the stains in those areas or replace sections of the granite.

3. profile image50
    ashtonparker436posted 4 years ago

Here are the types of stain and what you can use to remove them.
    1. For organic stains like coffee, soda, mustard, gravy, tea, etc., you may use Hydrogen Peroxide (30%-40% by volume)
    2. For inorganic stains like ink, dyes, dirt, etc. you can use rubbing alcohol for ink; Hydrogen Peroxide (30%-40% by volume) for all others
    3. For oil like any type of cooking oil, some mineral oils, butter, margarine, etc, you may use pure acetone (avoid using nail polish remover as different brands have different ingredients)
    4. For biological stains like mold, mildew, etc., you can use bleach or MB-9
    5. For metal stains (rust, copper, etc.) you can use iron-out (a white powder available at hardware stores)

Granite Countertop Fabrication Clearwater - www.stmgranite.com/

working