jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Do you have a favorite coffee mug? What does it look like?

1. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

Do you have a favorite coffee mug?  What does it look like?

2. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

I do!  And I just got it back from my hubby who was hording it in his car for far too long smile
    I got it for my 30th birthday.  It is over-sized, mostly black with white on the inside and it has "Happy 30th Birthday" written on it.

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sweet coffee mug!  I guess hubby loves it too.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I rarely drink coffee, but my roommates got me my own cup for Christmas. I love it. It's black on the outside and dark brown on the inside and slightly square shaped.

4. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

It really depends on what I am drinking. If I am having what I call "proper" English Tea, that is, tea that has been imported from the UK or that I'm drinking in the UK, I want my cup to be bone china. It NEEDS to be Bone china, it effects the taste otherwise.
    However, if I'm just drinking coffee or hot chocolate, soup - whatever, I like a big, large, open-mouthed cup, something big enough I can drop my phone into (which I have done). I like being able to wrap both my hands around it and have all of my palms and finger tips on it to warm up.
    My favorite one at home is one I got from a pottery painting place, and I painted the Universe on it...not the best work, but definitely mine. Though my roommate seems to have decided it's her favorite one as well, and keep a good hold on it.

5. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I normally drink tea out of it (I am English, after all wink ) but yes I do. Two, in fact. They were both presents from two of my favourite people. One was a present from my best friend that she bought whilst in New Zealand and it has some New Zealand road signs on it. The other was a present which my boyfriend bought for me whilst he was flat-hunting for us in Dresden, and it has memories from the DDR (East Germany) on it.

Yes, your favorite tea cup counts too!  Thanks for sharing your story about your favorite cup.

6. OldRoses profile image95
    OldRosesposted 5 years ago

Definitely!  Coffee just doesn't taste right if I don't drink it from my rainbow mug.  It came to me in 1982 filled with a flower arrangement.  I love flowers!  The mug is white with a bright rainbow on it.  It's so cheerful.  Great to wake up to.  Especially on miserable, cloudy, rainy days.

A great cup of coffee always tastes better with a rose or fresh flowers.

7. melbelle profile image60
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

Yes, my Labrador Retriever coffee cup.  However, I do not drink coffee any more, but in the winter time, it is my cup for hot cocoa.

8. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

My sister bought me a cheshire cat mug when we went to disney world. It's one of those double sized ones and as a college student it is perfect for making ramen in. It also saves me a trip to the coffee maker in the morning to refill.

Sounds beautiful and perfect to add a lunch soup for those cold winter days.

working