jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

What is the single most useful cleaning product?

1. Nettlemere profile image94
    Nettlemereposted 5 years ago

What is the single most useful cleaning product?

This can be a branded product or an alternative, but it needs to be multipurpose please.

2. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Apple cider vinegar. It cleans everything. Clothes, counters, floors, sinks, bath tubs, cars, rims, carpet stains, microwaves, toilets, vinyl siding, and that is just a few. It is by far the best multi purpose product. It also has tons of health benefits.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

White vinegar works for just about everything.  For a commercial product I like Comet or Ajax.

4. Sharkye11 profile image95
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

I like Totally Awesome. It can clean any hard or soft surface, removes stains, and is very affordable. It does not kill germs though.

5. jessefutch profile image57
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

Simple and ancient cleaning product: steam. It's just water heated up to the point of turning to a gaseous state. Steam cleans, disinfects and deodorizes literally any surface. Steam cleaners at mega-stores go for around $40, which will pay for itself in a few months when you stop buying those noxious cleaning products!

6. aviannovice profile image91
    aviannoviceposted 5 years ago

I think that vinegar and baking soda will clean or shine just about anything.

7. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I like a microfiber cloth, great for cleaning glass, dusting, and floors.

8. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Formula 409. Spray and wipe--you cannot beat it--I know it has chemicals, but everything has chemical. Remember vinegar is acetic acid and lemon juice is critic acid. Concentrate them enough, they can pose a risk.

1. jessefutch profile image57
      jessefutchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL, or DON'T concentrate them and they don't pose a risk! They are great and natural cleaners! Important for households with small children!

9. neildabb profile image74
    neildabbposted 5 years ago

Plain old water, as hot as you can stand.  In chemistry they define water as the universal solvent.  The hotter it is, the better it takes off whatever you're trying to remove.

1. jessefutch profile image57
      jessefutchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great point neildabb. That's basically what I said above: steam.

10. christen whalen profile image61
    christen whalenposted 5 years ago

Basic H is my favorite (it's made by shaklee, i believe). it's natural and nontoxic. I use it to clean practically everything. i buy it online in a concentrated form and then just put it in a squirt bottle to use for cleaning just about all surfaces, windows, and spots on clothes and the carpet.
    my mom even used to use it for bubble baths when we were little - it was as safe for us as regular bubble bath soap (maybe even more safe) and it helped clean the tub at the same time while we were in there. and it's what i use to wash my cats when they get a bath. i even used it on my own hair for a while when i had psoriasis real bad on my scalp and it helped in between topical steroid treatments. i swear it has a million uses. definitely worth the purchase - i've always been happy with it.