jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Have you found an interesting reuse for plastic PET water bottles? Feel free to

1. watergeek profile image98
    watergeekposted 5 years ago

Have you found an interesting reuse for plastic PET water bottles? Feel free to share it here.

I know some people are filling them with dirt and using them to build walls in houses. Others are leaving them empty, but filling in around them with dirt to provide a decorative wall when the sun shines through. They're a little light to become pencil holders and not healthy to reuse for water. What do you do, when you use instead of toss them?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7111771_f260.jpg

2. jenbeach21 profile image79
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

I just wrote a hub about melting plastic water bottles to make crafts. I know it sounds weird but I can be a little addicting to melt the bottles and turn them into something else.
    http://jenbeach21.hubpages.com/hub/How- … er-Bottles

watergeekposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'll check it out, thanks. When you did the melting, weren't you worried about toxins?

2. jenbeach21 profile image79
      jenbeach21posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was a little worried about the toxins but when I do it I usually go outside. There is surprisingly no odor when it is melting.

3. rfmoran profile image86
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

Fill them with water and place them strategically around the house near plants that need watering. This way, your watering chores are simplified, and you don't need to lug a watering can around the house. Make a habit of filling and placing the bottles every time one runs out.

watergeekposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a great idea for people who have bigger houses, especially two story ones. I'm so used to small apartments that I don't think of such things. Thanks for your suggestion, rfmoran.

2. BlossomSB profile image90
      BlossomSBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good idea, especially if you have a lot of space in your home.

working