jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

How can I find a replacement salad tong?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

How can I find a replacement salad tong?

I broke my wife's favorite salad tong. She's not happy. It's wood and has a unique shape. There isn't any brand on it. Is there a way to find a replacement?

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

Find a craftsman to copy it, but hurry, the holiday rush is coming!  smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. On TV's "Pawn Stars" in Las Vegas are some experts that can copy anything. Maybe call up the show producers and ask about the crasftsmen they use.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Perhaps share a pic of the good half and someone can identify the brand or where you can find it?

4. bethperry profile image89
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I don't know about replacements, but something similar happened to a friend of mine. He fractured his mom's antique salad tong and she also had an antique wooden serving bowl that was broken. He took these to the wood shop class at the local adult trade school and found a student interested in making a little money. My friend said the student repaired both, doing such a good job he paid him twice what he had originally offered. If you cannot find a replacement for your wife's tong, perhaps you can find help at your nearest trade school, too.Good luck!

5. Bob Whalon profile image84
    Bob Whalonposted 4 years ago

Paul, use what's left of the wooden tong and start paddling, because you're up sh!t's creek, my friend.

6. Matthew Meyer profile image75
    Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago

You could try to use Sugru to fix it. http://sugru.com/ It is food-safe. It might be hard to try to mix the different colors to get a good match for the original wood, though.

7. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

See if you can find it on http://replacements.com

I actually found exact replacements for broken dishes so I was able to make it a complete set again.

Maybe they might have your salad tong. I did see some there, but not of wood. However, you can enter a request for them to find the exact match for you.

8. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 4 years ago

Make her one. Since it's only a spoon (and not a dresser or something lol) a try could be worth it. The effort will be appreciated, I am sure.

Good luck!