I just had a dream about my ex boyfriend and his friend

1. profile image49
    annaelizaebethposted 6 years ago

I just had a dream about my ex boyfriend and his friend

I dreamed he died but asked his friend if he did she said yes and then I went to his grave with her and she walked away to hug a tree...? And I cried and was talking to him and all of a sudden I heard his voice say "I drew you that picture you wanted" I want to say it was a turtle but idk.. Anyways she came back and touched my shoulder saying "hes still here" and then I woke up....

please what does this last part mean..
    "he's still here"

2. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

Your dreams are messages giving you the courage to face your fears and to chase your dreams. read more

3. Sue B. profile image94
    Sue B.posted 6 years ago

Dreams always interest me so of course a question within dreams caught my attention.
    Dreaming of exes often reflect our feelings for them and the impact they had on us that will be with us forever.
    This dream sounds like a dream reflecting the healing you are undergoing after the break up.  It sounds like you are processing that he is out of your life although in this dream, perhaps parts of him haunt you in some way.  Just as we mourn someone who dies, we mourn someone who leaves our day-to-day lives.  We are left with memories that have an impact on us in the present and influence our decisions in the future.
    Perhaps a drawing of a turtle represents something significant for you.  Turtles to me usually relate to "slow and steady wins the race" and self-protection.  Maybe this is a lesson for you for your next relationship- that you believe falling in love slowly and building a slow yet steady bond would be most beneficial for you.  Also, maybe you were hurt during this relationship and feel the need, at times, to protect yourself.
    The friend hugging a tree may relate to acknowledging and embracing the new personal growth that has resulted from your experiences with your ex and the lessons who have learned that will allow you to flourish in the future.
    The statement "he's still here" seemed to have alarmed you.  Perhaps you have a wish to have him return but I think this statement is showing you that you have internalized traits of your ex and your relationship and that part of what you cherished about him will remain with you.

working