jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are we happier when we lead more organized lives?

1. Jordanwalker39 profile image80
    Jordanwalker39posted 4 years ago

Are we happier when we lead more organized lives?

2. dghbrh profile image77
    dghbrhposted 4 years ago

Some times yes but it depends what kind of a personality you are. Some times just flowing with the flow does the trick if some body is simply very easy going and not so much bothered about the way life moves on. But for a responsible and serious person its easier to be organized and lead a hassle free life.
    Thank you.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I am a very free-spirited person.  I am self-employed, I don't like being under anyone's thumb, highly independent etc.  That being said, I still need structure, and struggle a lot when I don't impose some forms of structure in my environment.  When I started working on being more organized, I definitely became happier, because there was no longer stress due to the lack of a properly working space, feeling overwhelmed etc.  Clutter is chaos and it does have an effect on the psyche whether we like to admit it or not.  I'm no Martha Stewart or anything and never will be, but I am organized enough to know where things are. I put things away immediately as they are used etc. and it has improved my overall sense of well being a lot.

Ironically, organization is very liberating to the spirit - not stifling as we tend to view it smile

4. BenRam profile image55
    BenRamposted 4 years ago

Of course. The organization has to start within you. And then it has to show in the way that you live your life. Your home is a reflection of who you are so you have to work on keeping it organized as well. Installing custom granite steps in Tampa, Fl can be a good way to brighten up your homes. Check this out http://www.stmgranite.com/services.html.

5. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I feel like organized life show that the mind is organized as well. Tidy in my head means tidy house desk act. Well, with that said I must tell you a am certified OCD