jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you welcome growing Chinese investments around the world?

1. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 8 years ago

Do you welcome growing Chinese investments around the world?

From the economic point of view it looks like a good thing but the concern is about
    Chinese resettlement, about their lack of concern for environment and also luck of concern for individual freedom and right of speech based on their political views.

2. dablufox profile image56
    dablufoxposted 8 years ago

I don't have a problem in foreign investment as long as they allow the same in their own country.
    You can’t expect your own country to have special foreign investment rules but at the same time expect a free reign on other countries. What’s good for the goose!

3. Dark knight rides profile image74
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

You bring up some valid concerns but remember that, historically,  as the US economy grew, so did the individual freedoms of its citizens. I think the same thing could happen in China. As their economy expands, the government will have a harder time keeping the population in check.
    Similarly, as the industrial sector expands, they will have to increase efficiency and part of that will be by using more environmentally friendly equipment, as well as increasing resource recycling.
    So, I think that Chinese investments can really be a boon in the long run. It may take a while, but that's the way I think it'll go in the long run.

4. creativeinchief profile image60
    creativeinchiefposted 7 years ago

The issue of the China as a government, as an investing nation has to be taken very very seriously.
    The Chinese government has no regard for LIFE be it a foreigner or theirs.
    I am happy the Obama government is making the Chinese to open up their market, still, as a government, their every step has to be monitored, their investment practises monitored, and their currency has to be investigated or monitored so that the West would not be shortchanged.
    The Chinese government and their investments cannot be seperated, the government is ambitious and would stop at nothing to achieve their aim of dominating the international trade