jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What would you do if you would have won million of dollars ? Would you quit your

1. Aceblogs profile image60
    Aceblogsposted 6 years ago

What would you do if you would have won million of dollars ? Would you quit your job ?

2. JEDIJESSICUH profile image80
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I actually wrote a hub about this. smile

I don't have a job at the moment, but if I did, I might quit depending on what it was. I would take some of the money and get a degree or something so I could do what I enjoy. I used to be a waitress, so I definitely wouldn't be worried about making a certain amount in tips in one night because there's money in the bank to fall back on.

I'd like a job though because I need something to do. I can't be idle with my life, whether I have a million dollars or not.

3. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Quite my job? Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! - what a wonderful feeling that would be to be able to tell my stupid arse of a boss exactly what I think of her and walk out the door knowing I was free to do my own thing!!! We can but dream!

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

My answer to this is considerably different than it would have been a few years ago.  Pay taxes on it first and foremost then I would pay off my house and set up an account to be sure my husband and I had really good health care for the rest of our lives.

I would still work because I enjoy it for the most part.

5. DonDWest profile image63
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

A million dollars you say? Hmm, at the rate housing costs are going in Canada; the average price of a house will be 1 million in 5 years. So I guess I'll still be working. . .

6. proudmamma profile image77
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

First, I would pay off all of our debts............Not alot but still enough I would make sure it was a clean slate.
    Second, I would buy a house....doesn't have to be elaborate....just convenient for my husband since he is very ill.
    Third, I would definitely quit my job......Right now I work full-time, and take care of my husband. Therefore, I would have to look at some good investments for whatever money I don't spend.
    Fourth, I would make sure my teenage son goes to college. I would assist my oldest son with some finances and set up a trust for my only grandson.

7. OutsideTheLines profile image61
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

I don't believe I would quit working. I would purchase a decent home and a decent new car. Invest $500,000 in steady stocks and save the rest.

8. mandyf profile image67
    mandyfposted 6 years ago

I would not quit my job. I would open y own salon, pay off my house and rebuild, actually have a NEW car and help to relive some of my families debts.

9. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

After working 31 years and still working, yes I would quit my job in a heart beat.

10. tosha11 profile image78
    tosha11posted 6 years ago

First, I would buy out my husband contract for the army. Second, I would go home buy a nice big chunk of land for farming and raising horses, Third, I would have my dream house built. Fourth, I would help all my family get out of debit. Fifth, I would put a lump sum in a savings account for my children to go to college on. Six. I would put a lump sum away to build intrest on.

working