jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you be happier if you were extravigantly rich?

1. janesix profile image61
    janesixposted 6 years ago

Would you be happier if you were extravigantly rich?

I don't think I would be. Sure, I love to buy stuff, but I feel uncomfortable spending too much money, even if I have it.

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

I don't know if "happier" is quite the right word, but I do agree with a summary I once read:

1.  There are problems associated with having money.

2.  There are problems associated with having no money.

3.  I'd rather have to deal with #1 than #2.

That said, why does having money have to mean spending it?  Yes, we're used to seeing the tabloids write about the wild spending habits of celebrities, but many of the ultra-rich out there live fairly frugally.  They just don't have to read from the right side of the menu if they don't feel like it.

3. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I think it would be awesome. I don't have to spend too much money. It would be nice to have the money to pay for all the bills and not have to worry about if our van is going to make it to my husbands Dr. appointment. It would also be nice not to have to worry about if my kids have a roof over their heads and enough to eat properly. I could always give some away if I knew someone who needed some badly.

4. Skylar Spring profile image73
    Skylar Springposted 6 years ago

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If I was rich, things would be a lot easier for my family. So it would make sense to say we'd be happier if things were easier. But then things are never truly easy for anyone and money can't buy everything.

5. OutsideTheLines profile image61
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Money can't buy happiness, but I've never seen someone frown on a new jet ski wink

I don't feel like I would. I'm content with just enough to be comfortable.

6. SuneXtra profile image60
    SuneXtraposted 6 years ago

Being rich would definitely make things a bit easier and solve most of my 'problems' (though maybe creating new problems).

In that sense, I think it would probably make me a bit happier, but not necessarily happy!