jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How much money do you spend on groceries ?

1. Wonder Referrals profile image38
    Wonder Referralsposted 6 years ago

How much money do you spend on groceries ?

In these bad economic times groceries are  taking a backseat
    in some households.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5693165_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Wilfionposted 6 years ago

It varies, but I guess it would average about £40 per week.  However, I do eat out a couple of time a week, which is far more expensive than eating at home, so this adds about £20 to the food bill.

3. Shawn Scarborough profile image82
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 6 years ago

There are 5 people in my household,so we spend quite a lot on groceries.  It averages about $175-$200 per week if we do not eat out.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image76
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

Approximately $125 - $180 every couple weeks, so roughly three to four hundred a month. We used to go out a lot to eat, but the closer we've gotten to having our baby, the more we've bought food to make ourselves. It's been cheaper and often healthier.

5. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

There are 2 adults and one child in our household. We spend around £60 on groceries each week. We don't eat out very often, perhaps once a month.

6. SD Dickens profile image84
    SD Dickensposted 6 years ago

About $140 a week for 4 people.  I try to cut the costs by cooking at home and shopping at club stores.

7. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I am employed as a professional cook and kitchen manager.  It IS a part of my job duties to "taste" and " approve" all food that is presented.

These taste tests add up!  I am well fed.

My hubby is a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

As a careful and  aware shopper, I can buy a T-bone for less than I can buy  hamburger and the " dressings" to make it palatable and noteworthy.  I am blessed or perhaps, knowledable...........meat,  potatoes, and a veggie...........

Really, eating well is not that hard,...........You first must know, what " eating good" means..

Roughly.............150 to 175 a month, including,meat, potaoes, rice, noodles, dog food, paper towels and washing detergent.

8. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

We plan on $600 a month for groceries for a family of 4. Another 100 or so for household supplies, from diapers to dish soap.

working