jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much money would you have to have,before you would say I have enough.

1. kevins blog52 profile image77
    kevins blog52posted 6 years ago

How much money would you have to have,before you would say I have enough.                          .

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5992941_f260.jpg

2. stugod profile image76
    stugodposted 6 years ago

Made a few mill in my life and lost a fair bit as well. Makes no difference to me. Warning some people think they have an automatic right to it. That is when it gets tricky..

3. beherdtennis profile image78
    beherdtennisposted 6 years ago

Great question! Man that is tough to answer but I am intrigued at my thoughts. Bottom line, I do not think it is how much money you make, but how much you keep.  It is easy for me to say now that I would only need enough to not have to work, for my family and children to be financial secure, and not have any debt. 

But, we all are aware that we as humans become easily comfortable with our current situation and then discontent with it, always wanting more no matter how much we have. 

Is there such thing as having too much money? I would say yes. But again I go back to, make as much as you want, but only keep what you need.

Then you start asking what is a need? a car may be a need, but what type of car.  a house or shelter may be a need but how big?  You can start to see that these questions become quite subjective to our current income, and our desired income.

Great question! To answer the question, I would need about 5 million.  I am 25, and that amount of money would be enough to live off of the interest from investing it and not having to work, and fund my retirement, or again, fund my investing in order to live a life comfortably.

I know this number because I used to work as a financial representative and we would do illustrations for people asking how much monthly income they would want in today's dollars, then figuring interest, inflation, taxes, investments, expenses, coming up with a lump sum you would need to have today in order to have that lifestyle.

Again, great conversation starter! Thanks!

4. bruzzbuzz profile image59
    bruzzbuzzposted 6 years ago

I have enough now but if I made more or less I would make it work. It would be nice to have enough to give a great deal to charity.

working