jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best way to spend $100 given to you as a gift?

1. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to spend $100 given to you as a gift?

2. Moms-Secret profile image83
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

I would spend it on something that I really want but have not bought myself.  For example, right now I am really interested in getting back to basics.  I have plenty of clothes, lotions, perfumes, and stuff I don't use.  I am not trying to spend on decorating or collecting more dust collectors.  I am interested in this tower garden that I saw so I would look into that.  I also want to be able to make my daughters waffles so that I can control the ingredients so maybe a waffle iron.  I also love horse back nature trails which my daughter would enjoy...

My new mantra, meaningful life experiences or useful, fruitful items...

3. Savva Pelou profile image73
    Savva Pelouposted 6 years ago

i would spend it creating a large canvas of myself and partner.  This way the gift is tangible rather than spending it on a restaurant meal etc

4. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

If you have it as a $100 bill, keep it in your wallet. If it is a store credit..hmnn..it forces you to spend it so buy something that you think the person who gave you the gift would like for you...

5. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Moms Secret.. tell me a little more about the tower garden.  What is that?

6. Adventure Colorad profile image83
    Adventure Coloradposted 6 years ago

I would think of something that I was interested in getting as a gift, but hadn't recieved.  That way it would feel more like I was given something specific and special, instead of using it on everyday things.

7. Jynzly profile image74
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

It depends on who gave me the money. If my husband was the giver then I will keep the money for future contingencies and as surprise for him if ever he runs out of cash. If it's my son then I buy the book or DVD "Beautiful Mind", I like the book or  film myself and it reminds me of his beautiful mind. If it's my daughter then I will buy a blouse or a sandal similar or that compliments to the one she has so that she will know that I appreciate her choice for fashion. The list could go on depending on who the giver is.

8. ithabise profile image86
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

Invest it and grow it. You'll be happy that you did. It was money you didn't have before and can become much more money you will have for the future.

9. creativebutterfly profile image59
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

I would go to a spa and get a massage for sure.

working